Allan Haley and John Bilheimer are partners in a law firm that specializes in the questions encountered by businesses and individuals in their day-to-day environments. The lawyers at Haley & Bilheimer pride themselves on the depths of their backgrounds, the extent of the library and research resources they have available, and on the quality of their work. Allan S. Haley,
admitted in 1970, and
John G. Bilheimer, admitted in 1991, have a combined experience of
over 60 years in practice, and enjoy the highest rating from a national legal listing and ranking service.
Haley & Bilheimer, Attorneys at Law, provide the following services:
- Advice and counseling concerning acquisitions, start-ups, contracts, licenses, sales and dissolutions
- Assistance with patents, trademarks, copyrights and other intellectual property
- Guidance for non-profit organizations, including applications for non-profit status
- Consultation concerning e-commerce and Internet-related problems and disputes
- Review, opinions and advice concerning real property issues, including easements, boundary disputes, insurance coverage, water rights and prescriptive claims
- Research and advice on questions which require the interpretation of case law
- Church law, including organization, bylaws (canons), realignment
questions, disciplinary and procedural matters, and property disputes
Haley & Bilheimer are experienced in litigating in both state and federal courts.
However, they view litigation as a last resort, and attempt to resolve disputes in the first instance by other means, including mediation.
- In addition to the areas just mentioned, lawyers at Haley & Bilheimer handle:
- Personal injury and malpractice claims
- Probate litigation, including will contests, trusts and elder abuse law
- Unfair business practices and false advertising lawsuits
- Prosecution and defense of environmental claims
- Complex tort litigation, including class actions (in association with other law firms)
- Civil appeals to all higher courts, including the Supreme Court
Although the lawyers of Haley & Bilheimer do not practice in the areas of divorce or family law, criminal law, or estate planning, they can refer you to competent attorneys who do.
Contact Haley & Bilheimer, Attorneys at Law
Legal Services for Nevada City, Grass Valley and Surrounding Communities
Physical & Mailing Address
505 Coyote Street, Suite A, Nevada City, California 95959 (map)